The iglooHome Keybox 3 is an internet-connected lockbox designed specifically for secure key storage and transfer. It can be opened using pin codes or Bluetooth. Pin codes are generated using a system called algoPIN that doesn't rely on wiFi and destroys codes if they aren't used within pre-allotted, under-60 minute time periods.
This guide is for anyone with a Caretaker account who is setting up the Keybox 3 for a unit that they own or manage. If that is not you, please see the instructions for team members without access to the Caretaker Dashboard.
There are three things you'll need to do to complete the installation:
- Choose the right place to hang the lock
- Hang the lock
- Upload photos and instructions to the correct unit
Choosing the right location
When deciding where to place your keybox, keep these important factors in mind:
- If there is a common entrance that is locked you'll need to place the keybox outside
- The keybox should be as close to the first door as possible so that visitors can find it
- If there are multiple keyboxes at a single property, you will need to make sure that your instructions enable the visitor to pick the correct keybox.
Single-family homes and apartment buildings with doormen
Hang the keybox on the handle of each unit door. It comes with two different handles. If the unit has a round doorknob, you'll need the slim shackle. If it has a door handle, you'll need the thicker shackle.
Apartment buildings without doormen
For apartment complexes or any type of property with an additional entrance door, you will need a key for each door. Your keybox will need to hang outside of the main entrance door. Suggested locations include:
- A railing, fence or any permanent structure
- Mounted near the door (please request mounting screws when ordering your keybox )
Hanging the lock
Follow these steps carefully to securely install the keybox.
Get ready to install the keybox by opening the package that it arrived in and making sure that you have all of the parts that may be necessary. The padded envelope will contain another padded envelope with prepaid return labeling and a black box. The black box will contain:
- The smart keybox
- An optional set of mounting hardware in a small plastic bag
- A screw designed to be used with the mounting hardware
- An alternative handle for the keybox that is thinner than the handle it comes with - you will find this underneath the keybox
- A label with the address and unit number that the lock has been connected to
Contact Support if your shipment is missing any of the above items.
Prepare the correct set of spare keys for the keybox that you are preparing to setup. To avoid any confusion, each keybox will arrive with a tag that has the correct address written on it. Set aside the correct keys for that address as soon as you remove the keybox from the packaging.
Follow the link in the arrival notification that you receive or choose the unit from the list of units in the Caretaker Dashboard.
- Click Get access code to see a one-time use code.
- Open the lock using the code:
- Press the key icon in the center of the touchpad
- Type the pin code
- Press the key icon again
- You will hear 4 ascending fast tones and see a green LED light flashing twice.
- Pull the face of the lock towards you.
- Hang the keys on the keyrack in the center of the box interior.
- To remove the handle on the top of the lock, look for a small, silver bar in the middle of the keybox interior - directly above the key rack. Slide this bar to the right and pull the keybox handle upwards to detach it from the body. Click here for a demonstration.
- Snap the handle back into the keybox around the object that you are attaching it to.
- Close the keybox with the keys inside. Try opening it to make sure it is locked.
Congratulations, the keybox has almost been setup!
- Write instructions designed for someone visiting the home for the first time with no knowledge of where to find the keybox. The instructions will be inclu
- Take one or multiple photos of the keybox location to be included as part of your instructions.
Add your instructions and upload the photos in the Caretaker Dashboard.