An issue is a new piece of information about the physical condition of a property. It could be severe and require immediate service, potentially severe and require careful tracking, or cosmetic and non-urgent.
Com of issues
Issues are classified as of the below types.
- Broken: Item is not working as expected
- Degrading: Condition is worsening and function may be partly impacted but the item still works.
- Leak: Standing water or visible leak of any amount or velocity.
- Infestation: Bugs or vermin spotted inside the home at least two times in any 7 day period.
You can create an issue using the Dashboard.
A maintenance issues are created by owners, tenants and service providers.
- Tenants report issues either as part of a guided inspection or as a standalone report . By your tenants as a singular report:** Tenants are encouraged to report all issues as soon as they notice them.
- By your tenants during an inspection: Tenants are required to conduct move-in and move-out inspections. Each inspection aggregates multiple new issues and updates old issues.
- By you: You can report an issue at any time either by conducting your own property inspection or creating an individual issue.
- By a third-party during an inspection: You can invite a contractor, colleague, or friend to inspect a unit. They will be guided through the steps to create new issues and update outstanding ones.
Lifecycle of an issue
Issues move through different statuses from the time that they're created until they're resolved and paid for. As issue changes status based on Caretaker's evaluation procedures.
|Caretaker is evaluating urgency level|
|Tracking||This means that it has been classified as discretionary|
|Service has been requested|
|The cost has exceeded your spending limits Approve or deny|
|Service provider has been pai|
Since the system is designed to collect and track all types of issues, including those that don't warrant immediate responses but should be tracked going forward, you can expect to see an issue remain in the
tracking phase for long periods of time.
Once an issue has been marked as resolved, documentation of work will be emailed to you and its status will change to resolved and then paid.
Sign up for updates
Share your email with us and we’ll notify you when we post new content.
Have questions for us?
We’re happy to help you figure out if Caretaker is right for your situation.Get in touch