Caretaker creates a listing page for each of your units on its platform for renters, Apartment App. The listing itself is interactive, meaning that renters can engage with it to arrange their own showings and qualify themselves.
Elements of the page
Listing pages were designed to answer the questions most commonly asked by prospective renters so that they don’t have to wait for anyone else to do it for them. Make sure that you have set up each component of your listing:
- Q&A Section: Listings have a question and answer section so that renters can get their specific questions answered or find the answer right away if it was already asked and answered.
- Tenant requirements: Each listing displays a list of the rental requirements that an applicant needs to meet in order to be approved as a tenant.
- Viewing scheduler: Self-service scheduling enables more showings in less time because renters can book appointment times instantly, without having to wait for someone else's response.
Each of these elements serves the purpose of answering prospective renters most commonly asked questions and giving them self-service tools to move forward with the listing
Sharing a listing
Listings are public and can be shared widely. Caretaker gives you a custom "reply to" address which you can use if you want to direct interested parties directly to your listing rather than responding to their inquiries yourself. All inquirers get immediate responses so they can schedule tours, ask questions, and apply. To get your unique "reply to" address:
- Click the Overflow menu (•••) on the Unit Overview
- Choose "get auto-reply email"
There is no message button on the listing page. Renters are instructed to book a viewing, check if they qualify, ask a question, or apply. If they have trouble doing any of these things they will contact the Apartment App Helpdesk. If they have a question that must be answered by the property owner then they use the Questions and Answers section.
Sign up for updates
Share your email with us and we’ll notify you when we post new content.
Have questions for us?
We’re happy to help you figure out if Caretaker is right for your situation.Get in touch